90 minutes : $150
120 minutes : $200
How fluid do you feel?
MediCupping™ therapy utilizes glass or polycarbonate cups and a machine to create suction on the body surface.
The cups vary in size and can be utilized intricately or on large muscle bellies. They are moved by the therapist over the skin using gliding, shaking, popping, and rotating techniques. They also may be “parked” for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release.
Depending upon the tuning of the machine and the technique of the therapist, the suction created between the cup and the skin can assist the superficial lymphatic pathways to flow freely. Or can reach deep within soft tissue, attachments, and organs to assist with increasing oxygen-rich blood perfusion and elimination of toxins and/or byproducts of metabolism(s).
Scar tissue can be gently released allowing the body to remodel with more supple connective tissue.
Fused tissue layers can be gently separated allowing for nourishment, hydration, and ph balancing.
The rhythm created with pulsating and gliding suction may also have a sedating effect on your nervous system– similar to that of effleurage (those long, sweeping massage strokes)–stimulating the vagus nerve, slowing the heart rate, and encouraging peristalsis (your stomach growling–among other things).
This all has a very anti-inflammatory effect on the body– as a whole– and is very dis-ease discouraging.
where can it be applied?
- All massage appropriate anatomical areas can benefit from MediCupping™
- It’s a creative therapist’s dream tool.
what could this mean for me?
- Improved Circulation
- Increased Range of Motion
- Faster Healing
- Saying Good-bye to Lingering Toxins
- Moving Through Somatic Emotional Release
- Decreased Pain
what should i share with my therapist?
- What is your chief complaint?
- What would you like to accomplish with treatment?
- Has your physician recommended this treatment prior to or after a surgical procedure?
- Are you on medications or supplements that have a side effect of bruising or bleeding?
- Do you have muscle tears substantiated by imaging (i.e. MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
- Do you have any injectable cosmetic/dermatological fillers?
- Do you have any other special concerns not mentioned?
what should i know for after my session?
- Your lymphatic system has been put in overdrive.
- Let the work sink in.
- Let your lymphatic system wind down on its own.
- You can do this by avoiding extremes in temperature.
- No hot showers, hot baths, or saunas
- No cold plunges.
- Keep it luke warm.
- Additionally, try to rest & increase your fluid intake.
- Remember… the medicupping session has increased the workload on your body’s filtration system.
- Thus, be extra good to your body for a couple days.
- Use this as an excellent opportunity to decrease alcohol intake.
- Try to choose foods that are calming and easy to digest.
- Stretch, walk, practice gentle yoga… but wait on the heavy workout.
- Check in with your body a couple days afterwards–do you feel different?
- Get in touch with your therapist if you have any concerns.